WHAT WE DO:
- The Glassbreaker Films Catalyst Grants identify standout early-career visual journalists and documentary filmmakers, less than 5 years post college or graduate school.
- Catalyst Grants allow a diverse group of young filmmakers to conceive of a short, innovative and original non-fiction digital project to receive funding and mentorship to bring it to life and kickstart their career.
- All stories must be produced within the US, and funding is capped at $7,000 per grant. Each project must be completed within 2-3 months of funding.
- There is not one standard form for these projects, but they must be artful and innovative, and there must be proof that they can be produced within the timeline and budget.
WHO WE FUND:
- We support and encourage early career women filmmakers (less than five years post-graduation) to produce stories about issues that impact women in the United States.
- You can apply if you own the copyright of your production and maintain editorial control of your story and you are a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or its external territories age 18 or older.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Impactful digital potential through suitability of subject matter and compelling storytelling
Powerful narratives that inspire positive social change around issues that affect women
Relevance to a broad audience
The capacity to finish the project through realistic attention to the schedule and budget.
UPDATE, AUGUST 2018: Thank you for your interest in our grant programs and your support of Glassbreaker Films. We've received a high volume of applications and have currently suspended the application while we review current proposals. Please check back this fall for updates about future grants.